For your library instruction assignment, please find one scholarly resource on your research paper topic. Provide a citation for each resource and answer the following questions about the resource:
How did you find this resource (what database, search engine, catalog, etc., and what keywords did you use)?
How would you evaluate this resource/how do you know it’s reliable and relevant? (You can use the CRAAP test.)
How will this resource help you write your research paper?
This assignment will not be due during this library session. But I would like you to post a link to one resource you've found in this Google Doc. Be ready to answer how you found the resource and why you chose it since we will discuss some of your resources in class.
There are many special aspects to doing film studies research, including:
· important but unintuitive search terms such as “motion pictures”
· techniques for finding videos, reviews and screenplays
· intersecting topics, such as how a social group is represented on screen (its role in front of the camera) and its position within the film industry (its role behind the camera)
· major topics such as financial aspects that are less prominent in other fields within the arts and humanities
· cast and crew information and much more
With links to a variety of resources just for your course, this guide is a great place to start your research! Remember that these are only some of the sources that may be useful to you. Please contact me for help with any of your research: email Josh Cohen, phone ext. 1453 or email AskUs!